The mission of Family Support & Resource Center is to make it possible for children and youth with disabilities in Dane County to live at home with their families as valued and participating members of the community.
We work in partnership with parents to enhance the care-giving capacity of families and the Dane County community. Our programs offer case management, respite care, financial assistance, information and advocacy through services that are individualized, flexible, and designed to respond to family needs and preferences.
Our Family Support Program offers financial assistance, information, and case management..
Our Community Inclusion Program facilitates connections between children with disabilities and their families and the larger Dane County community.
Our Board of Directors meets at least six times per year. Board meetings are open to the public and are held at FSRC offices on Nob Hill Road. This location is physically accessible and with accomodation to allow participation by persons with disabilities. Time is included for public comment at these meetings except when an executive session is officially annouced by the President. An executive session is a meeting of the full Board that is closed to the public except by specific invitation of the Board (Art. 4, Sec. 5, FSRC Board Bylaws).
Board meetings are held from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. The public is welcome to attend on the following dates:
March 19, 2014
FSRC is guided by these principles:
- All children, including children with disabilities, benefit by growing up as a secure member of a family and sharing in positive, long-term relationships with other family members.
- Families have great capacity to care for children who have disabilities when they receive support from friends, neighbors, human service professionals, and other community members.
- Parents are generally in the best position to know their own needs, to find solutions, and to choose the kinds of services that will help them to care for their child with a disability.
- A sense of trust and confidence in continuity of support is important to establish and preserve with each family.
- Communities are enriched when all people are valued and included as full members.